Add a new dimension to your dance practice
Unique technology helping smart dancers improve faster
This is exactly what I would love to have had myself.
Hazel Newberry, Former World Professional Ballroom Champion
Videos of 200+ steps
To get views traditional cameras can’t, we show world-class dancing using motion capture and computer graphics.
Watch 10,000+ videos of figures in Waltz, Quickstep, Foxtrot, Tango, and Viennese Waltz.
Get exclusive expert advice on many of the steps.
From fixing common mistakes to understanding advanced technique, you’ll find practical tips to help you dance better.
Explore different precedes and follows to help plan routines.
Find related steps for variety and floorcraft, and upgrade your choreography as you improve.
Meet our dancers
We work with world-class dancers to make sure that the movement in our animations is of the highest quality.
Our videos are based on dancing by two World Professional Finalist couples:
- Jonathan Crossley and Lyn Marriner
- Alexander Zhiratkov and Irina Novozhilova
Ballroom Genie is for…
- Watch a wide range of competitive figures, from rocket variations to rondé twist turns – all demonstrated by world class performers.
- Top professionals give advice on some of the most challenging figures, from advanced technical points to stylistic choices.
- Upgrade your routine with our choreography tools – related steps show alternative figures at new levels.
I really do use Ballroom Genie as a reference all the time. It helps me cement my understanding of what I am taught in a lesson – both new steps and continuing improvement on ones I’ve done for a long time. The use of this program as a lesson follow-up has helped me improve faster.
— LC, Ballroom Genie Customer
- Choreography tools offer routine-planning inspiration.
- If you’re teaching alone, the videos can help demonstrate how both partners’ steps fit together.
- Special effects like semi-transparent partners and top-down views can illustrate points in lessons, helping to give your students new insights and understanding.
Great resourse for teachers! Simple, but very informative!
— VG, Ballroom Genie Customer
Since I signed up with Ballroom Genie it helps me a lot in my teaching, the big advantage is that the steps are clearly demonstrated from all the possible alignments.
— LM, Ballroom Genie Customer
- Review new steps after the class to get the timing right, and slow fast steps down to watch at ¼ speed.
- Expert tips help you avoid common mistakes and become a better partner.
- Use the choreography tools to increase your range of steps and enjoy your dancing more!
When I discovered Ballroom Genie I was trying to teach my other half how to dance and I was looking for a range of steps to find in one place. I was amazed at how accessible the information I need is. There has never been such a large library of figures in one place. Absolutely brilliant!
— AS, Ballroom Genie Customer
- Watch the technique you’re learning in action: study foot positions, heels and toes, and alignments – seen from 9 different directions. Check amounts of rotation using the top-down view.
- Expert advice emphasizes key points and common mistakes for many popular figures.
- Use suggested precedes, follows, and related figures to combine the steps you’ve learned into new groups. Related steps help you compare the same figure’s technique in different dances.
A brilliant reference to use alongside private lessons and classes. You can really see everything clearly thanks to the customisable views and angles. Being able to slow down the speed was brilliant to really see how the more complex footwork is done.
— CD, Ballroom Genie Customer
Find out about updates
Get e-mails about new videos and tips – find out what members get and learn about free content and exclusive offers. Enter your e-mail address below!
We respect your privacy. You can unsubscribe at any time.